Midday Meals & Transport
A well-balanced diet and adequate nutrition have a significant impact on cognitive and spatial memory and capacity, potentially increasing’ students’ potential to process and retain academic information. Health and nutrition have been proven to have close links with overall educational success. At Springfields International:
- Our fleet of buses are enabled with CCTV cameras, GPS tracking so that transport can be centrally monitored
- The "no-touch" policy is being strictly implemented. We have only female attendants in buses.
- The bus attender/a teacher ensures that the last child is dropped before he or she disembarks the bus. No child is left unattended inside a bus.
- The midday meal program has been designed by a team of nutritionists and dieticians; consequently, a delicious and nutritious meal is served to both students and staff on a daily basis.
- Food is prepared hygienically in boilers, with care being taken to preserve nutrients. Special care is taken to maintain hygiene and cleanliness, in cooking and serving the meals.
- Nutritious, well-planned, satiating mixed cuisines are prepared by own in-house catering department and trained in-house chef.
- Meals include seasonal fruits, salads and freshly prepared desserts.
- Crockery and cutlery are constantly sterilized under the supervision of the Teacher-In charges.
- Children are taught table manners, and they also learn to eat different kinds of food under the guidance of their teachers.